In 2019 I was able to get my name of a Offical "This is" playlist. Its Called the "This is Timothy Westbrook II playlist" by Spotify, I know its a long name but its all mine. This Playlist updates on its own and is a mash up of my Top 50 songs, which if you know me then you know I have about 170 songs out as of December 31, 2019.
I want to start with a few facts. 1 There is no way to contact someone to get an Official Playlist.
2. There is no way to buy your way in. (Invest in yourself not pipe dreams)
3. What I am about to talk about is not a sure fire way to get a playlist this is just what worked for me.
To have a playlist named after me was a big dream of mine, if you don't care about it then that's fine but it is a bragging tool when you are sitting in a room full of your artist friends. To get my official playlist I did a number of things, but after talking to Jennifer Masset who is Head of Independent Music over at Spotify at the Cdbaby DIY Music Conference '19 I learned I minght have just won over one of the playlist curators.
So here is what I did: 1. I made my own 'This is Timothy Westbrook II' playlist. It was not popular and it didn't even have over 100 likes so its not like I was killing it.
2. I mixed the playlist with other artist that I was friends with. They also did not have a crazy amount of streams some have less then me.
3. I made my mind up to put out 12 albums in 12 months. AND I WAS ON TIME!! That's a major key.
4. I had and still have a song that I made in 2018 hit the Discover Weekly on Spotify for 12 months in a row. (This was random I just woke up one day and just like the Playlist it was there and going. That song is calledPeoria Nights.
These are all the things that I did to get myself an official playlist on Spotify. Like I said before there is no sure fire way to get yourself one but if you work hard and keep your eye on the price you never know what you will wake up to.
If you want to know more about my music journey then go and get my book "Passion Needs Commitment" by Timothy Westbrook II and you will get s more in depth look at what I have done over the years to get to where I am right now.